Aim of the Local actions for vulnerable groups (TOPEKO) is to contribute towards the integration or reintegration of unemployed belonging to socially vulnerable groups, through a broad set of actions that cover additional needs of different beneficiaries.
Actions aim to mobilize local actors to create jobs and at the same time versatile and effective preparation of unemployed beneficiaries to:
- cover job positions of existing businesses
- start a business that will benefit from the characteristics of their area
- gain the qualifications to benefit from other investment programs
- acquire skills that will meet real and identified needs of local businesses that will hire them.
These actions cover the entire country and are implemented locally by Development Partnerships (DPs), which operate as a non-profit organizations with the participation of public and private actors. Partnerships in Action Plans identify areas of intervention and specific areas of implementation.
Basic requirement for participation: the right to participate have unemployed registered at unemployment register of the Employment Agency (or a special list of the Employment Agency) belonging to socially vulnerable groups below:
- Long-term unemployed aged over 45 with low qualifications
- People with Disabilities
- Women victims of domestic violence
- Women / Men trafficking victims
- Parent families
- Immigrants, refugees
- People with religious and cultural differences in poverty / risk of poverty
- Asylum seekers
- Released prisoners
- Former drug users
- People in poverty / risk of poverty
- Persons subject to discrimination based on sexual orientation and / or gender identity
Where to submit the applications: interested unemployed should submit applications directly to the DPs based on the invitation they publish. The list of DPs implementing the program is available in excel file. The calls for applications for the unemployed will be posted on the website of EYKEKO at the NEWS-EVENTS area.
Total budget: 60.000.000 euros.
More info: Special Service for Social Inclusion and Social Economy, phone: +30-210-5271300, 210-5271350 www.keko.gr.
OP "Human Resources Development"