The “NSRF Executive Structure, Employment and Social Economy Sector, at the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs” was created pursuant to paragraph 6.a of section 18 of Law 4314/2014 "on management, audit and implementation of development interventions for the 2014-2020 programming period”. According to Article 16 of the same Law, “an NSRF Executive Structure is to support the Ministry and its supervised bodies in reflecting, prioritizing and specializing needs across all policy areas of the relevant Ministry and enhancing its administrative capacity.
Following the aforementioned law provision a Joint Ministerial Decision of Establishment (58994 / EYTHY 97/04-06-2019 (Government Gazette 2343,B defines the precise responsibilities of the NSRF Executive Structure, Employment and Social Economy Sector, as follows: “…..supports the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs in reflecting, prioritizing and specializing needs in the fields of "Active Employment Policies" and "Social Economy" , ….enhances the Ministry’s administrative capacity in relation to co-funded NSRF OPs and measures and programs funded by other resources. In particular, it is responsible for the:
- designing active employment and social economy policies,
- planning, specialization, preparation and implementation of co- financed NSRF 2014-2020 programs, as well as any other co-financed programs by other EU financial mechanisms and / or in the framework of the European Economic Area (EEA, hereinafter),
- coordination and management of Programs co-financed by the European Globalisation Fund 2014-2020
- designing, planning, managing, monitoring, financing, implementing any action and / or program, actions and / or projects funded by national resources in the fields of active employment and social economy policies.
The “NSRF Executive Structure, Employment and Social Economy Sector, at the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs” is a merger of three Special Services once belonging to the Ministry of Labor and having managed NSRF Operational Programs for at least three programming periods, as follows:
- Special Agency for the Implementation of Co-financed Actions by the European Social Fund (EYE-EKT)
- Special Service for Social Inclusion and Social Economy (EYKEKO), as a development of the Managing Authority of the Equal Community Initiative
- Special Service "Planning and Organizing the Monitoring of the Implementation and Evaluation of Systemic Interventions" of the OP "Human Resources Development" (EY OF Systemic Interventions)